Get Help

How do I get immediate help for a crisis?

If you have a critical and imminent health or safety need, please call 9-1-1.

If you need immediate help regarding domestic violence, call the Monarch Services 24-hour Crisis Hotline at 888-900-4232.

If you are not in imminent danger but need immediate mental health or substance use disorder crisis support, call Santa Cruz County Behavioral Health at 800-952-2335.

If you are not in imminent danger and are looking for general health services for low-income people and people experiencing homelessness, please contact the Homeless Persons Health Project at 866-731-HPHP (4747).

How do I reach Housing for Health?

You can email us at or call 831-454-7312.

How do I get into shelter?

There are two ways to get admission to a shelter:

Information in Spanish: Proceso de Referencia de Refugios del Condado de Santa Cruz

I have a family and am eligible for CalWORKS. Can I get temporary housing?

Click here for information about temporary housing for CalWORKS-eligible families.

Where can I find community resources?

Click here for a list of helpful community resources.

Where can I find health care resources?

There are several organizations that provide free services to people experiencing homelessness. Click here for health care resources.

Where can I find COVID-19 resources?

Click here for COVID-19 resources.

Address: 1000 Emeline Ave., Santa Cruz, CA 95060 |
| Phone: 831-454-7312
| Fax: 831-454-4642